Saturday, September 18, 2010

Goofy Bird Masks

SANYO DIGITAL CAMERA

I am a lucky grandma who gets to see her grandkids quite often. We love to play dress up and pretend. I keep a box of dress ups just for those occasions. As the kids are getting older and growing out of the clothes I am doing more just accessories such as masks, hats, capes, etc. I always get to be a vampire named ‘Alice” and they are various other characters. These are our Dodo Bird, Canary, Baby Penguin, and Parrot.
I keep them in our ‘Dress Up’ box to use over and over again.

They are made out of Craft Foam. Gather a variety of colors. They do fit on 8 1/2 X 11 inch size. I like to use the sticky back foam for the eyes and beaks, it is so much easier and the small kids can do it.

SANYO DIGITAL CAMERA

Gather Materials: Craft Foam (variety of colors), Glue or sticky back foam, Elastic Cord.

SANYO DIGITAL CAMERA
                         
Cut out all the pieces, The Dodo bird and Parrot have longer ‘hair’. Make sure you cut out the eyes. Then glue or just stick the white face of the penguin, whites of eyes, colored part of eye, beaks to mask.

SANYO DIGITAL CAMERA

I use a very small hole punch to punch holes for elastic. Measure child’s head and cut elastic about 14-15 inches long. Depending on child’s head size. Trim around the eyes if the layers didn’t match up like you would like.
Be creative and make your own birds. Do a pink one for a flamingo. Just have fun.


Download the patterns below.

IMG_0001

IMG

IMG_0002


3 comments:

  1. Oh my word, these turned out GORGEOUS! You clever lady you!! I adore them! They are better than the shop bought ones. FABULOUS! Thank you for sharing and linking up to Kids Get Crafty!

    Maggy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! I wanna make some for myself.
    Who said only kids can wear colourful bird masks?
    Thanks for sharing all the instructions!

    ReplyDelete